Maurício “Shogun” Rua stats: He is a Brazilian mixed martial artist. He is widely regarded as one of the most iconic and accomplished fighters in the history of MMA. With his aggressive fighting style, lethal striking, and grappling prowess, Shogun has left a lasting impact on the sport. Throughout his illustrious career, he has faced and defeated some of the biggest names in the MMA world. In this article, we will delve into Maurício Rua’s career statistics, assess his achievements, and examine his legacy as a true MMA legend.
Maurício Rua Career Statistics
Overall Record: 27 wins, 14 losses, 1 Draw
Weight Classes Competed:
- Light Heavyweight (205 lbs)
- UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship)
- Pride Fighting Championships
Notable Opponents Faced:
- Quinton “Rampage” Jackson
- Lyoto Machida
- Chuck Liddell
- Jon Jones
- Forrest Griffin
Now, let’s delve into a detailed breakdown of Maurício Rua stats
|Losses by Knockout
|Losses by Submission
|Losses by Decision
Knockout Wins: Maurício Rua’s reputation as a devastating striker is evident in his 21 knockout victories. With thunderous leg kicks, powerful punches, and expert Muay Thai skills, Shogun was known for his ability to finish fights in spectacular fashion.
Submission Wins: While Shogun was primarily recognized for his striking prowess, he secured 1 victory by submission. His well-rounded grappling skills allowed him to capitalize on opportunities on the ground.
Decision Wins: Rua’s aggressive and high-pressure fighting style often resulted in victories by decision. With 5 wins by decision, he showcased his ability to outwork and outscore his opponents over the course of a fight.
Losses by Knockout: Despite his toughness, Shogun experienced 7 losses by knockout, highlighting the risks involved in the sport and the caliber of opponents he faced.
Losses by Submission: Rua also suffered 3 losses by submission, showcasing the grappling skills of his opponents.
Losses by Decision: Shogun endured 4 losses by decision, often against opponents who were able to neutralize his strengths and outscore him on the judges’ scorecards.
Notable Victories and Highlights
Maurício Rua’s career is decorated with several notable victories and memorable moments. Some of his significant wins include:
- Capturing the Pride Middleweight Grand Prix Championship in 2005, defeating top competitors such as Quinton “Rampage” Jackson and Ricardo Arona.
- Winning the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship by defeating Lyoto Machida in a classic encounter at UFC 113.
- Victories over Chuck Liddell and Forrest Griffin showcased his ability to compete against legendary opponents.
Legacy and Impact
Maurício Rua’s impact on the sport of MMA extends beyond his statistics. As one of the pioneers of Brazilian MMA, he brought a blend of striking and grappling that mesmerized fans worldwide. Shogun’s aggressive fighting style, heart, and warrior spirit have earned him a special place in the hearts of fight fans.
In conclusion, Maurício “Shogun” Rua’s MMA career was defined by his aggressive striking, grappling skills, and fighting spirit. With a record of 27 wins and 12 losses, his statistics reflect his proficiency as a striker and his ability to secure victories in various ways. Shogun’s impact on the sport, his championship success, and his memorable victories against top-ranked opponents solidify his legacy as one of the true legends of MMA, forever remembered for his thrilling fights and indomitable spirit.
To read more UFC stats:
- Junior Dos Santos stats: How good was “Cigano” in his MMA career?
- Randy Couture stats: How good was “The Natural” in his MMA career?
- Vitor Belfort stats: How good was “The Phenom” in his MMA career?
- BJ Penn stats: How good was “The Prodigy” in his MMA career?
- Chuck Lidell stats: How good was “The Iceman” in his MMA career?